What's your fantasy chicken or flock?

warmheart

Songster
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
Norton, MA
Which type of chicken would you like to have, but don't, yet? If you could envision your "perfect flock," what types of chickens would it have?

I'll be the real snoozer here and say that my "dream chickens" are very common types:
1.) Barred Rock, and I have one I love. :) It's a very New England-y (I'm from Massachusetts)breed.
2.) Golden Comet, this I also have-- nothing speaks of home & hearth to me more than a friendly, bosom-y red hen!

My unattainable fantasy: A non-crowing rooster of any variety. Neighbors too close!
hmm.png

Got dream chickens?
D.gif
Flock fantasies? Please share! :D

Last edited:
My dream flock consists of Coronations Sussex, Black Copper Marans, Buckeyes, Amerucanas and my ultimate dream bird, a few breeding pairs of beautiful Bielefelder!
3576156125_d4de1e2a67.jpg

BielefelHen.JPEG

Someday in my life, I would love to have the honor of owning some lemon blue OEGBs. They're so beautiful, I need one!
droolin.gif
th.gif

images

(not my picture)
Well, from your signature, looks like you have some under a broody? Good Luck with that, let us know how it goes!! How exciting!

MB

OOOOOO, let's see.........
chickens: Tolbunt Polish, Houdan, Dark Brahma, Blue Cochin, Black with white polish, Gold Laced Polish, Partridge Silkie, Silver Laced Polish, Silver Gray Dorking, Blue Orpington, Mile Fleur d'Uccle, Marans and more of the ones we already have...Lavender Orpington, Speckled Sussex, Easter Eggers, Sex-link, Buff Brahma, Dominique, BLR Wyandotte.
ducks: Silver Appleyard, Welsh Harlequin, Buff, Blue Swedish, Khaki Campbell...
Not to mention Guineas and turkeys.

Good Grief, I think it may be easier to list what i don't want! I know you didn't ask about them but let's not forget the goats, sheep, cows, pigs, horses...the whole darn farm!

Last edited:
My dream flock would be NO PECKING AT EACH OTHER. You have two huge feeders. I bring out treats every day. Two big waterers. There is simply no reason to peck or bully each other.

My dream flock would only be...

• A huge, red coop, with a flock of hens of every known breed.
  • A breeder trio of Marsh Daisies.
  • A breeder trio of Swedish Flower Hens.
  • A breeder trio of Madagascar games.
  • A breeder trio of Coronation sussex.

And, a dream I know isn't possible, to have every single rooster we own, instead of getting rid of them.
hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom