What's Your Favorite Chicken Book?

My favorite is this memoir by Pulitzer Prize winning author, Alice Walker
chicken chronicles.png

I’m going to throw out a fiction book from my youth that I read like five times in fourth grade. I don’t think it exists anymore. It was for older kids as it had very few pics if any. Don’t remember much except the title “Flossie and Bossy”. It was about a tatty low on the ladder hen and a fancy pretty bossy hen. I think they were separated together to brood. Life lessons ensued.

EDIT: Okay, well not so hard to find on the ‘net, but out of print and a bazillion dollars. If y’all have animal-loving kids and it’s at your library, I recommend it!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3759007-flossie-and-bossie

... also sorry if this isn’t the type of book OP was thinking ... I remembered it any just got excited :oops:

Last edited:
I’m going to throw out a fiction book from my youth that I read like five times in fourth grade. I don’t think it exists anymore. It was for older kids as it had very few pics if any. Don’t remember much except the title “Flossie and Bossy”. It was about a tatty low on the ladder hen and a fancy pretty bossy hen. I think they were separated together to brood. Life lessons ensued.

I WISH I could read that!

Hey, everyone! When you begin to think about raising chickens, chances are, you've read some books on keeping chickens. Or maybe your a seasoned chicken keeper who just has a favorite book on chickens, like on a topic of building chicken coops galore, or how to grow your own chicken feed. Or, who knows? Maybe you wrote a book on chickens, and it's your pride and joy. Whatever it is, please share about it below! It can be anything related to chickens, I would just love to hear about it! Don't be shy - even if you don't have a favorite - (I know I'm still trying to figure out mine!) go ahead and share about some books on chickens that you found helpful or enjoyed. It doesn't even have to be one particular book - it could be several if you have multiple books you enjoy! Anyway, chat away! (Just please remember to respect everyone and treat everyone with kindness. :) Thanks!) :hugs

(Also - sorry if I didn't post this in the right forum! If you think I should have it moved to somewhere else, please let me know! :D)
The genetics of old English bantams.

Back
Top Bottom