What's your favorite hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Zinnia-Hen, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Just wondered. I like MPC, even though they order from other hatcheries, my birds that came from it are very pretty, sweet, and good layers.

2. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    MPC come out of meyer hatchery...............just fyi

3. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Quote:Oh awesome! I love them then too. [​IMG]

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    My own incubator. [​IMG]

But, if I had to pick 1 commercial hatchery, it would be Ideal. You can't beat their customer service.

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Cackle always gave me the least amount of hassle, but I don't order from any hatchery anymore. I order from SQ breeders here on BYC!

6. Chookmitten

Chookmitten Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2008
    King County, Wa
    Quote:I wasn't sure if my internet order took the first time (it didn't, connection hiccup) and they got back to me really fast via email, and invited me to call and place my order if the internet way did not work out for me. That was nice.

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I like my livingroom. That's my favorite hatchery. And Gryeyes' house. I've gotten some good birds from her. LOL.

In seriousness, I have never ordered from a hatchery, but I have personally bought chicks at local feed stores that came from Belt Hatchery in Fresno, and I have always had good luck with those chickens. I know others who can say the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by