What's Your Favorite Vacuum Cleaner?

Quote:
I have thought about getting one of those. I had a friend years ago who had one when the first came out, and I think the one she had must have been defective because it just sat in the middle of the room and went in circles. She took it back and got a Hoover or something else (upright). But they are still out there and still popular, so I figure they must be pretty good.

Thanks for your post... I'm going to look into getting one of those.

YW. They did have a problem early on where the robot got "confused" and would not do the whole room. Some software problem or something. I got mine for Christmas several years ago off QVC, I think. Now they are all over Ebay and Amazon. They have one that mops, too, but I have laminate and worry it might be too wet.

Now if they would make one to do the laundry and dishes, I would be in heaven!

Coopa Cabana, great site so far, great prices! Thanks!

Does anyone have a Bissell upright?? I have the Bissell little green machine spot cleaner and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Had it for years, beat the heck out of it, and it still works great. I wonder if the uprights are just as quality?

I used to get a Bissell every year like Debi- and then I figured out that it was cheaper in the long run to suck it up and buy a quality vaccuum once and be done with it.

I don't know much about vacuums but the one we have now, a Dirt Devil, has been running for a good maybe 10 years and haven't had any problems with it. My biggest complaint is that it is HEAVY. I like Oreck but again they don't have a hose attachment. They are very light and if you have a 2 story house this is a must. They do have great handheld vacs just for that purpose, and everyone needs a handheld to clean out the car.

Last edited:
I had a bissell liftoff for years and it was great! I think it comes in a few models now, and they call it some kind of pet hair something or other. It's an upright that has a canister you lift off the base to go clean your car, the stairs, etc. I LOVED that thing! Until we moved to a place with all hardwood floors. Now I have an Electrolux canister that is absolutely worth every penny I paid for it. I still have my Bissell, and if we still had carpet, that's what I'd be using.
smile.png
My Bissell is red.

Quote:
They have a Bissell on their "highly rated" page - says its Cyclonic (like Dyson). I would be sure to check on-line reviews. The nice thing about ordering on line - FREE shipping and NO SALES TAX!

http://www.vcdiscounter.com/highlyrated.html

I definitely want to get it online, so much easier to read reviews, etc., and no shipping is great. I don't have any sales tax anyway though, since New Hampshire doesn't have sales tax.
tongue.png

Quote:
My ex had a dirt devil, and while it worked well, it weighed a TON, as you said. Heavy is out of the question for me and my bad muscles. The added handheld of the Oreck doesn't really matter to me because I already have a little handheld that works great.

Too bad to hear a couple people say that Bissells weren't great. I was just reading some excellent reviews on a couple of models.
hmm.png

Quote:
Yes, I was just reading good reviews on that; the "Pet Hair Eraser". Also comparing it with another one "SmartClean" that has a retractable cord. I like that idea.

Back
Top Bottom