Whats YOUR favourite breed of chicken or poultry? and why?

cluckcluckluke

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
The Foothills Of Chickendom
id love to know
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif
hugs.gif

_MG_5068.jpg
Silkies - because they are very easy to care for, cute, easy to rehome extra rooster, are cute (did I say that yet?) and have wonderful personalities.
_MG_4980.jpg
Barred Plymouth Rocks - Overall wonderful breed. They lay well, are friendly, easy on the eye, and boys can be used for meat if not able to rehome.
_MG_5248.jpg
Mottled Houdan - Simply gorgeous. I love all my houdans - they are funny, quirky and eccentric. Once they start laying, they are very good at it.
_MG_5222.jpg
Sizzles - Who could deny the cuteness of a frizzled silkie? You know you couldn't!
_MG_5234.jpg
Easter Eggers - They lay coloured eggs, it's a no brainer.
_MG_4312.jpg
Ameraucanas - I have bantam Ameraucanas and they are among the sweetest in my flock. They highly enjoy people time, and were not brought up being handled a whole lot. They are quiet (except for the roosters) and have the sweetest eyes.
_MG_5202.jpg
Naked Neck Turkens - For a smile on a bad day.

Last edited:
_MG_5068.jpg

Silkies - because they are very easy to care for, cute, easy to rehome extra rooster, are cute (did I say that yet?) and have wonderful personalities.
_MG_4980.jpg

Barred Plymouth Rocks - Overall wonderful breed. They lay well, are friendly, easy on the eye, and boys can be used for meat if not able to rehome.
_MG_5248.jpg

Mottled Houdan - Simply gorgeous. I love all my houdans - they are funny, quirky and eccentric. Once they start laying, they are very good at it.
_MG_5222.jpg

Sizzles - Who could deny the cuteness of a frizzled silkie? You know you couldn't!
_MG_5234.jpg

Easter Eggers - They lay coloured eggs, it's a no brainer.
_MG_4312.jpg

Ameraucanas - I have bantam Ameraucanas and they are among the sweetest in my flock. They highly enjoy people time, and were not brought up being handled a whole lot. They are quiet (except for the roosters) and have the sweetest eyes.
_MG_5202.jpg

Naked Neck Turkens - For a smile on a bad day.

oh wow love the Mottled Houdan so gorgeous and i love EE's and Rocks aswell
ya.gif
, is the naked neck turken a chicken or a turkey? never seen them befor but ive seen naked neck chickens are they actuallt chickens aswel? Great to see you favs

The favorite in my flock is my little 16 wk Salmon Faverolle, Sammy :) She's SO sweet, simply ADORABLE, and is so docile! I love her fluffy feet and five toes :)

Serama's are new to me but my hen Button is amazing so full of personilty and I can take her outside and to parks and let her play around and not worry about her running away. She hops in her box when its time to go home. And people just adore her even the none-chicken people :)

Back
Top Bottom