Whats YOUR favourite breed of chicken or poultry? and why?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cluckcluckluke, Sep 11, 2012.

1. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

id love to know[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

That's way too hard a question.. lol

Do I have to choose just one?

3. cluckcluckluke

haha no choose as many as you want haha go for it

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Silkies - because they are very easy to care for, cute, easy to rehome extra rooster, are cute (did I say that yet?) and have wonderful personalities. [​IMG] Barred Plymouth Rocks - Overall wonderful breed. They lay well, are friendly, easy on the eye, and boys can be used for meat if not able to rehome. [​IMG] Mottled Houdan - Simply gorgeous. I love all my houdans - they are funny, quirky and eccentric. Once they start laying, they are very good at it. [​IMG] Sizzles - Who could deny the cuteness of a frizzled silkie? You know you couldn't! [​IMG] Easter Eggers - They lay coloured eggs, it's a no brainer. [​IMG] Ameraucanas - I have bantam Ameraucanas and they are among the sweetest in my flock. They highly enjoy people time, and were not brought up being handled a whole lot. They are quiet (except for the roosters) and have the sweetest eyes. [​IMG] Naked Neck Turkens - For a smile on a bad day.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. cluckcluckluke

oh wow love the Mottled Houdan so gorgeous and i love EE's and Rocks aswell [​IMG], is the naked neck turken a chicken or a turkey? never seen them befor but ive seen naked neck chickens are they actuallt chickens aswel? Great to see you favs

6. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    The favorite in my flock is my little 16 wk Salmon Faverolle, Sammy :) She's SO sweet, simply ADORABLE, and is so docile! I love her fluffy feet and five toes :)

[​IMG]

7. cluckcluckluke

oh wow she amazing, and i've heard of these 5 toe breeds before don't they include silkie's aswell?

8. Ivybird

Ivybird Out Of The Brooder

Serama's are new to me but my hen Button is amazing so full of personilty and I can take her outside and to parks and let her play around and not worry about her running away. She hops in her box when its time to go home. And people just adore her even the none-chicken people :)
    [​IMG]

9. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Thanks :) Yeah, silkies have five toes as well. I think the 'five toe gene' is connected to the 'sweetness' gene :)

10. cluckcluckluke

hahaha, you got that right, silkies are soo lovely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by