1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

whats your fear or pet peeve?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by narwhal master, Nov 28, 2013.

1. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Dogs don't pop up one day and just say, "I think I am going to bark my head off at people today." No. Their brains aren't capable of that. They do it for a reason. They might not be trained or have been socialized enough, or they think that they control their owners. It isn't always the owner's fault, either; they might have been taken from their litter too early or too late, or if they came from a shelter, they might have come from a bad home where they were abused. Some dogs are also naturally dominant. But there is always a reason that a dog misbehaves.

I guess I should have clarified before everyone jumped on me. I hate it when dogs bark in your face all day long. I know they're hard to control at times, but so are many other pet peeves people havee. I get to put up with it from other people's dogs every day of my life, and that's why it ticks me off so much.

2. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011

3. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011
    My mother bred top-quality dogs before I was born. She wasn't a backyard breeder; I'm pretty sure she was with the AKC. Contrary to what some people seem to think, I'm not an idiot when it comes to dogs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  4. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

I'm sorry if I came across as rude or anything. I was just agreeing with someone who said that dogs aren't always easy to control. I trust the fact that you know what you're talking about. :)

5. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011

6. SampyArctica

SampyArctica Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I hate when I do something right by the council regulations/laws/right by other people/whatever the situation calls for, but then other people get away with going ahead with it, or just not caring as much.

I'm referring to (in this instance) our next door neighbour who also has chickens but two of their six have turned out to be roosters. They've been crowing (consistently) for the past two weeks, and I told them within the first three days as I hadn't been sure if they'd actually heard them or not. It was a nice, civil conversation, a friendly chat. But almost two weeks later and they still haven't rehomed them and they're crowing even more throughout the whole day.

I'm not annoyed by the noise itself at all - what gets me is that as soon as we found out that our two "pullets" were actually roos via physical appearance, spurs on the back of their legs etc - but before they even started to think about crowing - we rehomed ours instantly. Not because we wanted to, but out of consideration of our neighbours. Now, I get that sometimes you can't tell gender until the crows start, but this has been going on for a fortnight now. Rehoming roos around here is dead easy as well, there's a local hatchery that takes them in for free. Which I told my neighbours. And yet...I can still hear both of them screaming out.

Eurgh.

Am I wrong to be so upset with them...?

[​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Fear: Burning alive.

8. i think thats a pretty common fear

9. CowGrrrl

CowGrrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013