What's YOUR garbage cost?

Our garbage is $65 every other month for once a week pick up. We have a huge garbage container and a huge recycle container for paper and plastic, then 2 smaller ones for glass.

Water? I have no idea. With all the ducks, I am all about paying ahead. I send in $50 or $100 now and then and I think the last time I had an actual balance due was summer before last.

our garbage is going up in January and they are incorporating recycling into the options.. we have lots of options.. LOL

but we chose the 45 gal garbage pail and 75 gal recycling pail to go with it.. you have to pay for the size of the garbage pail but can get what ever size recycling pail you want so I went with the biggest.. between the chickens and recycling I hope to have hardly any garbage but all this is 18.50 a month.. oh yea garbage is picked up two times a week and recycling once...

I what kind of city charges by the bag??? I would get some really big bags.. LOL

Last edited:
Many moons ago, garbage could be burned out here, but that is no more. Only fires allowed are recreational, less than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet tall, seasoned wood only, out side of city limits, luckily I'm out of city limits!

There's no curb service where we live. It's haul your own (as much as you want) to the transfer station for $80/year. Our realtor is probably still telling the story about the silly woman who bought a house from him and then wanted to know how they got the garbage truck up the hill.
barnie.gif
Ha ha. Silly girl! You get to haul your own and, I want you to know, I've become very good at it.

All depends on what is happening around here we do make dump runs a trailer 3 ft high x 4 ft x 8 ft about 20 bucks if we just have household trash we take it by where my hubbie used to work they have 2 huge dumpsters that get emptied every week and almost no trash yes they know about it We also have the barrels and expanded metal so we can burn our own...will be doing more of that this fall. I refuse to pay 80 for 3 months trash service. I do know of the person that started their own trash service ok so he does great for 1 or 2 years then has alll these people's money and quits doing the service he is an jerk anyway.

I think about 80 a quarter for trash pickup... picked up at end of my drive, pretty much as much trash as I put out there. The only thing they didn't pick up was a bag of mortar mix that had gotten wet.(a big brick)... I just let it lay, now year later you would never know... though there is a small patch of 'concrete' there now... the most I have had is 10 or so kitchen garbage bags... I just got a burn barrel so my trash has decreased considerably...

$40 a year, but I have to deliver it to the recycycling center (1.5 miles from the house) and separate the recyclables myself. I looked into curb service, but they wanted $13/month, and that was before fuel spiked.

We don't pay anything, we take ours to the dump/recycling center about 1.5 miles away. We only go about twice a month because we generate so little garbage. Whenever we have a bonfire out back we burn most of it, and almost all the rest of the kitchen scraps go to the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom