Whats YOUR Horses Name?

accio! chickens

Songster
10 Years
Nov 28, 2009
CANADA
In light of a recent thread about our dogs names, I thought it would be interesting to hear all the horse owners, horses names! Post a photo with your names and it should be lots of fun!

I have Mylie

myliehaysnow.jpg

and Luna

lunasnowsleep.jpg

Post away all you horse ownin' BYCers!

Last edited:
We caught our horse as a wild colt off the desert when I was a kid. We named him Desert. ... big stallion that only one of my brothers was able to break well enough to ride... and he was constantly breaking down fences and running away.

I've never had a fence breaker. My old gelding would walk over the fence in the winter when he was living in Saskatchewan. The snow got so high he could just step right over the fence and walk off. Once we found him 10km away in an out of season corn field.

This is Prisma Colors, Tennessee Walker, ( Pusher x Generator line)

STP60241.jpg

This is Buttercup, the suprise filly (mom above)

STP60020.jpg

Buttercup likes to push on the fence, one night she pushed the fence down, Prisma followed her out, they ran around the neighborhood, into someone's yard, he called the cops (being a nice man), and a cop was ringing my doorbell at 3 am! Now I have electric fence.

Last edited:
Sherman Tank is this guys name.......a team ropin horse ......belongs to my DH.....now he is retired since DH is disabled and he just plays and eats and eats and eats........my grands love him though

pumpkin373.jpg

Sherman-1.jpg

pumpkin055-1.jpg

I had two Icelandic Horses for twelve years, the last phase of their forty year lifespan and have not scanned my pictures of them. One was Shadow (Moalingur) and the other was Blackie (Blakkur). Blackie was born in BC, number 152 in the Canadian Icelandic Horse Federation book and Shadow was born and emigrated from Iceland to BC. I loved those two boys and they were awesome with my children. Rest in Peace and beautiful meadows til we meet again, my beautiful boys...I have not been able to bring myself to ride another horse since my two passed on.

I did meet another Icelandic Mare in Fairbanks, all white, during a class (Veterinarian Assistant) and waited til I was last in line, we all took the lead rope and lead her around the indoor arena, I waited and waited, because I knew at some point she would "blow" and give the "happy noise" but she didn't...not until I took her lead rope and then I broke down, crying, and I know humans are not supposed to be emotional around horses, but she still behaved and kept giving the happy noise:) Tears me up to remember... Thank YOu, dear Misty:)

Hmmm... I bet that was a surprise when she popped out with those ears!
lol.png
Is she gaited like her momma? We had a molly mule who was spotted - appaloosa style, but a lot more extreme. Very cute!

I won't post pics of everybody (too many
wink.png
)

Here goes...
Cody (AQHA & Very first horse!) & Travis (registered Belgian... Hence my screen name)
27475_6_24_07_008.jpg

Smoky (AQHA/IBHA & Incentive fund grulla stallion)
27475_6_27_07_040.jpg

Rio Appy gelding
27475_img_2952.jpg

Reeno: Appy stallion, registered 5 different ways
ep.gif
I didn't even know that was possible until I bought him!!
27475_img_2281.jpg

Val - Champagne AQHA mare, registered as Dun & her cutie pie colt from may of '09, sired by Smoky!
27475_img_2147.jpg

Jo - APHA buckskin mare with a BIG attitude
lau.gif

27475_img_0686.jpg

I'd love to post more pics, but it's becoming quite long... So
Stephie (TB mare)
Mustang (TB mare)
Red (TB filly)
PK (TB gelding)
NoName (TB gleding)
Cinnamon (mini)
Rocket Appy mini stallion
Krakatoa blue roan appy mini
Emmie buckskin mini mare
Mini Jake Obviously a mini
wink.png

Donkey mini donkey
Detour Mini donkey
Classy Smokey Cream breeding stock APHA filly
27475_img_1220.jpg

And of course Ellis, Val & Smoky's dun colt from May '09 (yes, he does rough house... a lot!!)
27475_img_1212.jpg

Back
Top Bottom