Wheat free chicken feed

My hen house

Songster
Aug 2, 2019
Ohio
There is an upcoming Jewish holiday called passover and you can't eat wheat including your pets and animals
So I need to find a feed to feed my chickens without any wheat I can feed them a all flock mix, layer mix or scratch any of that would be okay for them for only 1 week
I currently feed them a whole grain all flock mix with optional oyster shells I can continue feed them oyster shells too
I live in Cleveland Ohio if that helps
Any suggestions

For starters, look at the ingredients list on the feeds otherwise suitable for your needs. The list will include all the components that might be in the feed. If wheat not on the list, then it is not an option used by the feed maker. In the US most animal feeds do not include wheat since wheat is used mostly for more direct human food supply chain.

Do you just have adult chickens? If so I'd look into COB (corn, oats, barley). All farm stores should carry this. Then bump up their protein from an alternative source. Like mealworms or cooking and feeding them back scrambled eggs. Maybe give some BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) as a treat.

Do you just have adult chickens? If so I'd look into COB (corn, oats, barley). All farm stores should carry this. Then bump up their protein from an alternative source. Like mealworms or cooking and feeding them back scrambled eggs. Maybe give some BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) as a treat.
I agree with this. You can also feed them back their eggs shells.

Back
Top Bottom