Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Put my first eggs of this year in the incubator last Saturday. 8 of the darkest wheaten Marans eggs from the pullets I hatched last year (April Howington lines purchased from Pete Ovalle) and my wheaten Marans rooster that is Fitz Farm line.
1f600.png

I have some 1 week old wheaten marans I hatched. What can I look for to determine sex? I do notice a few are more yellowish white than the others that are more yellow.

I have some 1 week old wheaten marans I hatched. What can I look for to determine sex? I do notice a few are more yellowish white than the others that are more yellow.

The first thing I noticed to differentiate them was wing feather color. Cockerels were really dark. Pullets are lighter. I can't remember if I took pics or not. Ill check to see if I have any from this age.

Hi,
Seeking a high quality pure Fugate Cuckoo Marans studcock to head flock of same. From dark egg laying dam. Must be virile and gentle with hens. Need clean shanks. 2-3 yrs. Old okay. This is for a very good friend of mine. Prefer NPIP but not NPIP is not a DQ. Please feel free to send this email around the net.
Please reply to [email protected]
Thanks,
Karen

Hi,
Seeking a high quality pure Fugate Cuckoo Marans studcock to head flock of same. From dark egg laying dam. Must be virile and gentle with hens. Need clean shanks. 2-3 yrs. Old okay. This is for a very good friend of mine. Prefer NPIP but not NPIP is not a DQ. Please feel free to send this email around the net.
Please reply to [email protected]
Thanks,
Karen

Talked to my friend again . he's decided not to go with the cuckoo Marans.
thanks again anyway.
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom