Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Awsume
At last I have some Wheaten babies at my house! I ordered a dozen eggs from the Fitzgeralds and the eggs I received are significantly darker than what mine are laying, so I'm pleased in that regard. I had a total of 9 to hatch, but I think 2 may be culls as they seem very weak. They had pipped in odd places so I wonder if their air cells get mangled during shipping, but they did hatch so there's that. The other seven were up and about toddling 'round the brooder when I left this morning and it looked like they'd managed to peck around at least out of curiosity at the feed.

Hi all! I am new to keeping Marans, I got 5 BBS and 3 wheaten a few week ago, I also have an older white (3 months)

Here's my wheatens - can you guys tell me what you think of them?

Hi all! I am new to keeping Marans, I got 5 BBS and 3 wheaten a few week ago, I also have an older white (3 months)

Here's my wheatens - can you guys tell me what you think of them?

Hey Jesirose,

They look almost 4 weeks old, correct? Top one seems to me to be a male, and the other two seem to be coming along nicely. There's a bit more white at top than I like, but it's to soon soon to tell yet. Post another picture at 8 weeks old if you can. At that age you can get 'some' idea what they're gonna turn out to look like.

Hey  Jesirose,

They look almost 4 weeks old, correct?  Top one seems to me to be a male, and the other two seem to be coming along nicely.    There's a bit more white at top than I like, but it's to soon soon to tell yet.  Post another picture at 8 weeks old if you can. At that age you can get 'some' idea what they're gonna turn out to look like.

Yeah I think they are 4-5 weeks. Thanks!!

ok big family4me I have only 10 eggs to ship tomarrow I hope. but be 4 warned egg color is awful just bad . temps are 110 here in the mountians and henns are stressed. I culled my closed flock to 9 hens and 3 are broody I have 5 new hens to add next week that are big enough {except the bantum wheaten } big girls will eaat her . so egg color in the temps are dredful bad but I guarantee you will get some nice hens and hopefully a roo with some tail cotton but aa decant roo. I will work with you to get you a roo. . no payment until after hatch il send a email after I ship. il email this same letter to you tonight

Back
Top Bottom