Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Hi everyone,

I am new to all this showing business. Could anyone tell me what to look for in a good Wheaten Maran?

Thanks, Ian.

Hi everyone,

I am new to all this showing business. Could anyone tell me what to look for in a good Wheaten Maran?

Thanks, Ian.

First off you do not have to show fowl to try and raise an APA SOP type Marans. Go back and read some of the post in this thread and then ask questions and we will try and answer. There are Wheaten breeders that only show up when a question is asked. Very laid back thread. I am sure Randy will show up. Don

my Hens usually come out looking pretty good but my roosters after second adult Molt tend to get some white in the wings and you can see it if you extend the wing outand a little bit of tail fluff we're all looking for the perfectbird or SOP. I have not hatched any chicks yet this year but I plan to in October to replenishit's nice to see some action on this siteand Don is the pro!

my Hens usually come out looking pretty good but my roosters after second adult Molt tend to get some white in the wings and you can see it if you extend the wing outand a little bit of tail fluff we're all looking for the perfectbird or SOP. I have not hatched any chicks yet this year but I plan to in October to replenishit's nice to see some action on this siteand Don is the pro!

Randy, Hope all is well with you. Don

Hello all
smile.png

With your Marans how are you able to identify which individual lays which egg?
I have two Marans laying at the moment and one is laying a very nice colour egg while the other is not. How can I ID who the lighter laying hen is so that I can put her into the laying flock pen?
I was thinking I'd just have to separate each chicken and see who lays what, but that might stress them and stop their laying?!
Lucas
(yes, I too submitted this question in the Marans Thread)

If they are both Marans they should both be laying dark(at least a #4 on the colour chart)to be recognised a real Marans.

Hello all...

I am on a cockerel hunt!!!

I am in Michigan and am looking for Wheaten Marans boy...I keep finding the girls but no boys! I need one close to SOP as while I am not breeding for show, etc. (I have too many pots on the fire with different breeds) I do want to replace my girls in the future with their own chicks as they are nice quality.

Anyone know of any breeders of quality birds in the West MI area? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom