Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

I just received 5 French Marans in the mail. They are hachery chicks so not going to be nearly as nice as everyone elses hens, but I love them none the less. First time Maran owner and pretty new to chickens in general. i love all of your beautiful birds.

Hi Tbone 303.
here what I think of your Blue wheaten rooster and hen.
Rooster ;what good =
body color great wheaten type.
pink /white shank.
tail nice shape and form great angle .
good orange eyes
good comb but not great I m not sure at the rear of t . well serrated .
pretty face.

what bad about him;
not a good type.does not look like utility breed.
small type need mass.
some white in his tail.
white fluffs in the bass of the tail .
short back.

Wheaten hen.great type a little taller .nice doby color. nice long back .tail at the good angle. pretty face . that all what I can see.

What the wight of the rooster and the hen.
rooster should pass 3.5Kg and the hen plus 2.8Kg

Hope that help

chooks man

Chooks man- I am fairly new to chickens and not sure of the difference between slow and fast feathering. All 5 Wheaten chicks do have feathered legs. 4 of the dark chicks are Cuckoo. I ordered 5 but one died. I picked up a Barred Rock chick as a replacement so my husband wouldn't notice an extra chick in the brooder. Hahaha. He will notice soon enough.

Slow feathering chicks they don t develop the tail and the wing tell late 4 weeks plus.
Early feathering type like your wheaten they develop tail and wing feathers very fast soon after they hatch.

this technique is used to sex the one chicks at hatch ( a day old)

here how does work . Rooster Early feathering type X hen Slow feathering type = pullets Early feathering type. Cockerels Slow feathering type.

hope that help.

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom