Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Not wheaten/blue wheaten Marans, but I took this picture tonight and thought it might be of interest to this thread. 9 week old Ameraucana cockerels - wheaten, light and dark blue wheaten, and splash wheaten from left to right. Plus a couple of Marans and a blue wheaten Am pullet hiding between the boys.

crossing the Wheaten to a black copper is not a good thing .they are from different genetic family.
Wheaten are eWh family.
Black copper are ER family

you will get black mossy pullet with a straw hackles and a mix up cockerels with a straw hackle and too much red on them.

chooks man

Genetic is simple when we don t start mixing the thing .

if we work with a particular variety we have to know about t and understand t. very simple .
family genetic
color of the variety
type

work with a pure strain you will find genetic is very interesting and easy to understand

breeding chooks is fun

chooks man

Happy New Year! Looks like this thread has been very quiet. Anyone planning on hatching some Wheatens this spring? I'm looking forward to having eggs in the incubator soon
smile.png

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted, but now I'm in a bind so I'm hoping someone here can help. A raccoon killed my Wheaten Marans cock so I'm looking for a replacement. I'm in the vicinity of Richmond, VA. If anyone has hatching eggs, what might you charge for them? That's my preferred way to bring in replacement stock, with NPIP day-old chicks a second.

I hope you all are doing well. Those Australian Marans in the post above look lovely.

Did you find a replacement for your Wheaten Marans cock? If not contact Randy AKA Berkley springs, he is in WV.

Back
Top Bottom