Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Quote:
Awesome!! I'm sooo showing this pic to dh who *seems to think* we have too many
big_smile.png

He's a boy. He'll probably grow up and have LOTS of red color on his chest.

I think Illia had a overly red Wheaten boy, there should be some pictures of him somewhere on this thread.

This is the rooster I'm talking about, from the first page of this thread.
5147236150_7a77af11f7_z.jpg

Last edited:
thought id post some of this years birds , i have around 9 new hens this is hens around 4 months old
20346_mvc00341.jpg
20346_mvc00332.jpg
this hen is around 2 moonths old
20346_mvc00380.jpg
this is one of the 4 month olds with what looks like alot of toe feathers but they always fall off when the get older , i think its best to have to much than to little but at 4 months old this is right i think
20346_mvc00127.jpg

here is a few chicks 3 roo and a 2 hens
20346_mvc00041.jpg

and here are some more ,,, but i have to many roosters 15 i think
20346_mvc00237.jpg

thanks don , i also noticed her darker cape then the other but she still has a normal back color , not to much mohogany, the hen is only 4 or 5 months old and thinghs might change but i hope not .. i will centanly ask for advice and help when it comes to culling the new hens i have , out of the 9 new hens , i will only be keeping 4 or 5 of the best
but that will be in early fall be for i cull a bunch of hens . the 2 oldest hens pictured are a result of breeding the old davis roo over presley hens , iam waiting to see how the younger birds grow out because they are a result of breeding my goodlooking first generation rooster
Quote:
Randy, I really like the oldest pullets you have pictured, nice Cape and color. Must be something to do with that good life you live there.

Back
Top Bottom