Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

ok ... I'll keep looking and stay away from those then. Thank you for the input! Good luck with your test hatch. If you ever do start selling eggs, I want to buy some Randy!!!! Your birds are BEAUTIFUL!
smile.png

if u pm me your address in a few weeks i can send u a few if u pay shipping (after u recieve) ... im just not totaly sure iv solved the recessive leg color but will be closer to knowing
then . i want people to have the same chance to start that i did

Quote:

little bummed just got back from vacation this week and found Im down to 4 wheaten roo's and only one hen. I lost the other young hen I had been growing out. Know Im searching for eggs or chicks. I really want more the one hen to work with.
sad.png

Quote:
Oh how sad! Not a good way to end a vacation, for sure. Did the heat get to them? Hope you find some good pullets for your boys!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Oh how sad! Not a good way to end a vacation, for sure. Did the heat get to them? Hope you find some good pullets for your boys!
hugs.gif

I they just didn't go in there coop at night and my newphew just didn't know they weren't there. Kind of bummed but could have been worse lost way more last year when we went on vacation from some one that didn't even take care of them like they said. I found one wheaten hen alittle bit ago and I have some more I can go look at just really dont want to make the drive across the river today. I will replace them in time.

sorry about u looseing a hen or two , do u think a
predator got to them when they didnt go back to the coop ?
thats a shame , it takes so long for them to come to PoL. 6 or 7 months for ,us

Quote:
hugs.gif

I they just didn't go in there coop at night and my newphew just didn't know they weren't there. Kind of bummed but could have been worse lost way more last year when we went on vacation from some one that didn't even take care of them like they said. I found one wheaten hen alittle bit ago and I have some more I can go look at just really dont want to make the drive across the river today. I will replace them in time.

Im sure a predator got them. They are normally safe during the day but if they are left out at night seems like they dont have much of a chance. Dont get me wrong a few have made it but all night but not normally. It stinks but Im glad it wasn't worse.

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry about your loss and can totally empathize, every time I go on vacation I'm always a bird or two shy upon my return, just prayin its not one of my better birds. My help really tries but no one cares for my birds like I do.

Sorry for your loss. I'm away from home right now!! In 4 days it will be a month, and I don't go back until the end of the month. I find myself bracing myself for bad news every day. I keep telling myself "they're just chickens" but I have so many that I've spent so much time and energy growing out (and getting attached to) and some that were the 3 out of 20 that hatched from shipped eggs, etc. I am hoping that all is well back home. I have a great neighbor who's not a chicken person watching things for me, as well as a young teen who IS a chicken person. I have a special wheaten hen and a really nice black copper hen that I would be very disappointed if I lost them. I have some other favorites, but they are just sentimental favorites.

Okay, now I have to email the guy who's watching my birds to see if all is well.

Good luck on the hen hunt.

Back
Top Bottom