Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

The male is just a Wheaten male and for the age he looks to be pretty nice. Take more pictures after the Juve molt.

The female is a White, did the breeder have White Marans also.

Thank you. Yes, I've never had such a 'glossy' bird before (Donald) he really looks 'gallant'. Ummmmm I don't think he has any white marans, but his wheaten hens are lighter - he did say that they often feather out differently after their juve molt so I'll take more pics then and update the thread! Thanks SO much for your thoughts

Thank you sooooooooo much!! I was starting to get that nervous, ignored feeling - LOL!!! Jesting aside, because BYC is so new to me, is there a better place to post stuff like this??

Sorry if I jumped in line with my questions- I did see yours, but I'm a noob too and didn't really have much to offer. This is the right place alright, but this thread just has periods of activity and then inactivity. Welcome to it though, your birds are pretty!

This thread is the best place to get comments on the Wheaten Marans. I thought I had answered your Question when I said the male was wheaten and the female was White Marans.

Keep asking questions until you get an answer. This thread is real mellow.

Sorry if I jumped in line with my questions- I did see yours, but I'm a noob too and didn't really have much to offer. This is the right place alright, but this thread just has periods of activity and then inactivity. Welcome to it though, your birds are pretty!

Oh my word no, you didn't jump in line at all. LOL - my question was answered beautifully!! :D

This thread is the best place to get comments on the Wheaten Marans. I thought I had answered your Question when I said the male was wheaten and the female was White Marans.

Keep asking questions until you get an answer. This thread is real mellow.

You did answer my question - thank you! Although I'm reading and reading and reading, there's nothing like learning with my own birds and questions I have relating to my current experience. I SO appreciate your comments and am so excited I have a beautiful, beefy (she's my biggest pullet) white Marans!

Don I saw your recipe for the bulk feed you used to have ground, a few of us are thinking of grinding our own we can access grain farmer direct. What was used for the meat scraps? Raw or ? I assume that was to add protein could we substitute more beans or fish meal? (not legal to use/sell meat related meal in WI since the CWD scare)

thanks

Hi unkadan and Don,
I haven't been receiving regular notifications on this thread so I missed Don's bulk feed recipe. Do you recall the post number or approximately how far back it is?
Thanks, Joe

Back
Top Bottom