Wheels for portable coop?

Also, my coop is about 3 by 3 feet and goes from 3 feet tall to 11/2 feet tall at the back. It is made of 2 by 4s and plywood.

I finally realized that the right way to do this is to make the wheels a separate assembly that can be easily attached and detached from the coop. This means that (a) you only need one set of wheels for all the tractors you have and (b) the problem of the wheels taking the coop too high off the ground when you're not moving it is solved.

I'm using bike wheels from an abandoned old bike.

Here is what I did. The wheels have a hinge on the back that allow them to rotate back and out from under the coop.

Here they are rotated back and up.

Hello! I have just acquired a chicken coop. It is 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep but is quite heavy. I need to move it and would like to put wheels on it. I have read all the threads pertaining to this but am wondering if you or anyone has a suggestion for me. The coop is off the ground by 19inches, the corners being pressure treated 4X4's (so 3.5 X 3.5). I would like to apply those tires with the steel brackets that can bolt right to the legs, but they are 4X 4 1/2 inches. Too big!. is there a way to bolt them from the side by adding some sturdy wood, so I don't have to lift this thing off the ground? I appreciate any carpentry skill expertise you or anyone can offer. I am pretty handy, but, would like to avoid having to lift this coop again. thanks! Patty

You can attach them to the back side of the coop. Horizontal to the ground.

I'd post a picture, but since I'm new the system won't let me.

Back
Top Bottom