Wheezing hen...is this a problem?

Gape worm is not very common. I believe he had a respiratory infection. Keep an eye on the rest.
I’ve had some gasping in two of my small flock, treated with Ivermectin for the past two weeks now, the first hen is better, but now my roo has a raspy crow and gasping. Nose looks clear and no mucus. Waddle and comb are discolored today. Have Corid and Equine ivermectin. Still eating and drinking but labored breathing. Should I treat him again this evening when hes roosted so I can actually get to him?

I’ve had some gasping in two of my small flock, treated with Ivermectin for the past two weeks now, the first hen is better, but now my roo has a raspy crow and gasping. Nose looks clear and no mucus. Waddle and comb are discolored today. Have Corid and Equine ivermectin. Still eating and drinking but labored breathing. Should I treat him again this evening when hes roosted so I can actually get to him?
What dosage? I isolated a hen this week for a variety of symptoms mainly feather related, I noticed her opening her mouth last night for a brief period of time and started reading everything I could and then it stopped. As for retreating with Ivermectin I would say too soon. I got a dosage drawn up at a local farm vet and the instruction was to give the 2nd dose in 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom