Whelp or Meyer -- an opinions either way?

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Any opinions on either of these two. Meyer is a little bit cheaper, but not by much, but closer to me (Ohio) than Whelp (Iowa).

I don't know if "close" matters much, though, I think all of the priority mail gets taken to Memphis by Fedex to their hub and then sent back out. Not sure though.

I am thinking about getting 50 for the week of August 22. Would be butchering mid-late October then. They would be little when its warm, and then bigger when its cooler.

I've never used Meyer but we always get our birds from Whelp. We've done very well with them both here at home(layers) and in 4-H(broilers). They were HUGE! We could have butchered at 5 1/2 weeks but had to wait until 8 weeks because of the fair.

Are you certain of what the total cost per chick will be? I think, but I am not certain, that Meyer charges shipping where Welp does not.

They have a minimum of 25 LF chicks, but have free shipping. I ordered Black and Red sexlinks from them for their eggs. Excellent costumer service by phone. When ever I emailed, never got a reply. I chose Welp because if their free shipping. I have never ordered from Meyer.

I bought 44 chicks earlier this year from Meyer and they're all doing great. I ordered my first batch of cornish x for august 22 and was planning on processing in mid ocotober also.

I have ordered from both and they are both good. Welp does include shipping so I think they end up being a little cheaper in the end but both have great customer service.

Back
Top Bottom