When Can I Expect Eggs and From Who?

billfields

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
East Tennessee
My pullets are 16 weeks. I have a total 17, of several breeds, 4 Wyndotts, (Gold Lace, Silver Lace, Blue Lace Red and Columbian) 2 Americanas, 2 Welsummers a Dominique, a Golden Campine, a Blue Andalusian, a Golden Comet, a Sicilian Buttercup, a Partridge Rock, a Golden lakenvelder a Buff Orpington and a Cuckoo Maran. Thoughts about when to expect them to start to lay and which to watch first? I've read about the red combs---going by how red, the Dominique and the Buttercup are leading but I could be wrong. I have nest egg gourds in all the nests and they have been in there But I have no real idea how to tell when eggs are about to happen
smile.png

Last edited:
20 to 24 weeks but heat does slow them down my SLW was the last to begin to lay so you may be waiting awhile for those hens, but if you walk up and go to pick up a hen and she squats down that usually means she will lay soon, that is a hens way of excepting a roo so if they do that they may have reached sexual maturity or they will soon

Thanks all---I guess I'm just impatient. My rooster who's' the same age has been crowing for a month. I figure if he can do his job they should do theirs!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom