When can I introduce?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KikiDeAnime, Apr 14, 2019.

1. KikiDeAnime

KikiDeAnime Songster

Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Ground, WA
    I know right now they're too young but when should I expect him to start breeding with her once they're bonded? I want to make sure I can keep an eye on him in case he accidentally injures her. I'm hoping I can get another female for him when my parents let me as I'm currently in trouble for getting Duchess.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Usually around 4 months is when breeding can start. Sorry your in trouble I hope your parents don't make you give them up. And how is your mom I was following your thread then got distracted and never got back to it.

3. KikiDeAnime

KikiDeAnime Songster

Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Ground, WA
    They're not going to as Duchess is now my older brother's. Plus the only thing I'm not allowed to do is get more birds for a while which I'm fine with as I'm currently low on money and can only use it to get more food for the ducklings or my bunny.
    She's recovering and we're both going to our bible study group today for an Easter party.
    My dad is dropping us off as she can't drive yet.

Miss Lydia likes this.
  4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Glad to hear your mom is doing well, enjoy your bible study and party. Also just be patient Colonel and Duchess will be best buds very soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: