When can I start vent sexing my button quail?

MyChickCraze

Chirping
Jul 15, 2020
I have 2 five-week-old Button quail and I want to vent sex them. Can I vent sex them now or should I wait? If I vent sex them now will I hurt them?

I have 2 five-week-old Button quail and I want to vent sex them. Can I vent sex them now or should I wait? If I vent sex them now will I hurt them?
You can certainly try to vent sex them now without hurting them. As long as you are gentle, you can try to vent sex at any age. You may not get foam or be able to tell at 5 weeks, but it won't hurt to look.

You can certainly try to vent sex them now without hurting them. As long as you are gentle, you can try to vent sex at any age. You may not get foam or be able to tell at 5 weeks, but it won't hurt to look.
How do you vent sex? I have watched lots of videos and they all say to push right underneath the tail and above the vent is that right?

How do you vent sex? I have watched lots of videos and they all say to push right underneath the tail and above the vent is that right?
Yes. Push gently. It doesn't take much for a mature male to produce foam. I thought you were talking about shape of vent, though, which is what you're going to have to try to do at their age. I'm not very good at it. I only have about 65% accuracy so far.

Am I right in thinking you can't feather sex white or tuxedo buttons?
You are correct.

20200807_172321.jpg
20200807_172326(0).jpg
20200807_172313.jpg
20200807_172253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom