When can I take baby chicks outside to explore (supervised)?

slilly

In the Brooder
May 28, 2020
Oregon, USA
My chicks are about 10 days now. They are starting to feather and have lots of energy, and I'm curious as to when they're old enough to go outside onto the grass and explore? I have a dog crate that will give them space to peck around on the grass while still being enclosed. My power went out for a few hours today so I brought them outside under the sun to stay warm, and they seem to be sticking under the shade. The weathers been so warm here lately, I'd love to take them out when they're ready!

My chicks are about 10 days now. They are starting to feather and have lots of energy, and I'm curious as to when they're old enough to go outside onto the grass and explore? I have a dog crate that will give them space to peck around on the grass while still being enclosed. My power went out for a few hours today so I brought them outside under the sun to stay warm, and they seem to be sticking under the shade. The weathers been so warm here lately, I'd love to take them out when they're ready!

Any time they are not in an egg

Back
Top Bottom