when can they go outside for the night?

We put ours out at 4 weeks, with heat lamp and they did fine, We now have cornish x rocks out in the other half of the chicken house with a heat lamp and they are one and a half weeks old now and they are doing fine!!!
I am sure they will be fine!!!

Quote:
Ditto for me. Mine are thriving.
big_smile.png

A thread that is on here that you might enjoy, as well as, find informative is:

"A Journey through a Different Way", by ruth

Hope your questions have been answered.
frow.gif

Mine have been out since the day I got them. They have a heat lamp and shaving and their brooder walls are wire so I hung flannel sheets around the outside to keep the heat in. Their brooder is right out in the coop, seperate from the hens of course.

I'm new at this but this is what I did....

I wanted to wait until my chicks were eight weeks but I couldn't because they got so big. I put my first group out at 6weeks with a heat lamp in the coop. They are thriving and healthy. Now at 10 weeks I only use the heat lamp when it's gets really cold, like tonight.

Quote:
That is a great thread.

I've been keeping my chicks cooler than some recommend. After 2 1/2 wks they started acting hot, especially at night so I removed the heater and have kept them at the kitchen temp which is around 70. This weekend I'll try to move them outside with a heater. The coop is big enough that they should find a spot that's comfortable for them. Thank you everyone for all the advice.

I wish I could get at least my ducks outside but a turkey hen took up nesting in my peep house. The one building I can get electricity to. I think the turkey is in her final week. So maybe soon.

Weather is still below freezing at night here so without a heat lamp it's kind of out of the question.

I do switch to a smaller heat lamp after the first week in the house. Hard to find but the reptile section in pet shops has a wide range of choices. Just have to pay a little more than walmart.

More peeps should be arriving tomorrow and more the 19th and more.....

My poor husband has no idea.

He knows about tomorrows. Ideal messed up an order and is making good on it. Beyond that I haven't mentioned a thing.

Ideal forgot my ducks in the order of peeps. Little nervous that lots of packing peanuts might be added. I've been trying hard to find homes for several extra roosters that don't involve a freezer.

Back
Top Bottom