When can they go outside?

kacorey

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
My 2 ducks are about 2 weeks old. They spend most of their time out of their brooder, walking around the house and cuddling on the couch. It's been in the 50s here lately. Is there a certain age/temp they can be brought outside to check things out?

In the 50s is still cold for young ducklings. Sunny days in the upper 60s would be better. If you have storey's guide to ducks, it can give you an idea of the age/heat ratio. My pekins are about five weeks old and have been outside full time for the past two weeks. Here the weather has been ranging from lower 50s to the higher 70s.

yeah, that little is kind of young for that cold temps...mine are about 3 weeks old and still come in at night..out during the day with food and water..they'll be out full time in about another week..waiting for them to feather out a bit more. course i'm in florida so it's been in the 80s during the day

mine are 5 week old mallards....have been happily living outside for 2 weeks already - did fine even on a couple of nights when it dipped to the low 40s. highs here have ranged from 60s to 70s - been sunny, been breezy, been raining.....they seem to tolerate all of it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom