When can you lose the marbles?

marthalazar

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Ha ha. I think I've already lost my marbles!

My chicks are almost 2 weeks old and I was wondering when I could take the marbles out of their water dish. It's the round self-filling quart sized one.

I started pulling them out day 3 and had the waterer empty by day 5. As soon as they were obviously capable of walking around and getting a drink without falling over and possibly landing in it.

and speaking of marbles... if anyone is putting ones like these in with their chick waterers, they should contact me if they want to trade marbles for copper black marans eggs as soon as mine are laying good... LOL

smith.jpg

crks6.jpg

slrdsh.jpg

reb.jpg

LOL, you can't blame me for trying, can ya? It is on topic, (marbles) and i mentioned chickens... so, technically it is on topic, but it belongs in the shameless plug forum but we don't have one.

hmmm...your avatar chicken bears a striking resemblance to some of those marbles. You're just mad because there is no real exciting marble fancier forum dedicated to the care and feeding of backyard marbles. Or is there?
Those marbles are so exquisite! I'm a psychotherapist and I always keep a bowl of marbles near my chair at work. Just in case.
Jan

I love old marbles- my Grandmother collectsthem as well. I have asked that she leave me hers in her will. She has really old terra cotta ones that were old when she was a tiny girl (she is 83).Her Dad told her the Mexicans made them by peeing in the dirt-LOL. I owuld love to see one with a rabbit on it- sorry I have no marans- I am really really sorry- I want some dark eggs too-
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom