When did you stop hanging out with friends?

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
We all have the one or two friends we will carry through life but others come and go.
Im starting to get to a stage where Id rather be spending more of my time with my family on the weekends then my friends.
I have 2 boys of my own and spend all day everyday with both of them and usually one night of the weekend their memaw will watch them so we can go hang out with our friends.

My friends just seem to be going a different way than I. Im getting sick of the drama (im never in it but I always hear about it). The 'oh I wont hang out with her because of this or no I wont go there because hes there' UGGHHH..

Im 21 now and it seems everyone my age only worries about where they are going to drink tonight or wheres the party or how to cure their hangover.

When did yall stop hanging out with your friends so much?

Last edited:
After I got married and moved far far away.

To be honest, I miss a little of the drama, the excitement, the ups and downs. I miss having an "inner circle" of friendship.

My dh is my best friend, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I miss getting dolled up for "girls' night".

When I got with my DH. He became my best friend and I only wanted to spend all my time with him. After I was with him (he helped me to grow up alot) I found that most of the friends I had weren't 'real' friends.

I still have 1 friend that I have had that was before my DH. We only see each other once a month or two though. She has her own family too now. My dh has a few friends who I would call my friends too. I am friends with their wives. We occasionally have cookouts and everyone gets together and enjoys some good ol cooking but that is about it.

I have friends here on BYC!!!
big_smile.png
LOL

Sounds like you have "out grown" that particular group of friends. When you have friends with the same interests and values, it is a joy to spend time together.

I have friends I do not see for months, or even years at a time, but, when we get together, it is like we have never been apart.

Find friends that are interested in the same things in which you are interested .

Once you are married and have children your interests are more focused on your own family as it should be.

Last edited:
my best friend moved away, but my husband still hangs out with his best friend..i enjoy the personal time! when we first married, i never wanted him to go anywhere without me but now, i have to have "me time" or i get mean.

Quote:
I have a close inner circle and Im getting tired of them kinda. They only worry about drinking. Im kinda tired of it being Im not a drinker. I never do. My SO occasionally does but not like these guys.
A friend of ours was saying the other day
'My dinner all week was beer.'
'Im broke I bought a 12 pack last night and drank it all' (but says that like everyday)

My SO stays at their house ( a few of them are room mates) sometimes to make driving to work easier. He says the only thing they have in their fridge is beer and a 2 liter of coke that has about an inch of coke left that was there last month.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
I agree with what someone else said-sounds like you have outgrown these friends. Which is a good thing, in this case.

Partying every night is a waste of time and money (not to mention brain cells), but a good friendship is a whole lot more than all party, all the time.

I miss the girl bonding, talking about boyfriends, hopes, dreams, wishes, that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom