When do chickens start laying eggs?

That's awesome! I'm guessing you sell your eggs?! How much do you sell a dozen?
some time i do sell for $2.00 but i have 4 kids who have kids who have kids, so i give a lot away, when ever someone comes down to see us we send eggs home, they live in jersey and we are in delaware, plus we give to doc and friends, one daughter is a nurse so she takes them homw and gives to co workers,

I have 8 hens hatched on august 22nd, got my first 2eggs this afternoon. don't know yet who they belong to. I'm not using any light in coop. didn't actually expect anything for another month or so. but enjoying the nice surprise.

I just would like to say, my Rhode Island Red who is 31 weeks old, has finally started laying eggs.
ya.gif
I was starting to think she was handicapped! So much for the early maturity BS!

I use no light or Heaters...I have 10 girls and one rooster. And I've been getting 6-7 eggs each day! 3 girls are 9 months and the other 7 are about 6 months.

some time i do sell for $2.00 but i have 4 kids who have kids who have kids, so i give a lot away, when ever someone comes down to see us we send eggs home, they live in jersey and we are in delaware, plus we give to doc and friends, one daughter is a nurse so she takes them homw and gives to co workers,
Oh great thanks! I was thinking 2-3 dollars a dozen! I've Been giving some away to friends and family until I get a solid 10 every other day

Back
Top Bottom