When do chickens start laying eggs?

5$ for a dozen?! That's nuts! I would never pay and definitely would never sell for that much! 2-3$ sounds fair to me...that's about 35$ extra a month! Pays for their food and hay! Sounds good to me!
yes $5. is crazy i sale mine for $2. in the store they are $2.25 to $2.50 a dozen. i have 12 dozen in frig right now, have a sign out front, hubbie put it out this morning, now we will see if they go, daughter will be up next week and will take some home for family, plus we are going up thur to other family and will take some to them, we keep family in egg like some do the lottery, lol

What would be the best age to buy pullets???
he.gif

How did
yes  $5. is crazy i sale mine for $2. in the store they are $2.25 to $2.50 a dozen. i have 12 dozen in frig right now, have a sign out front, hubbie put it out this morning, now we will see if they go, daughter will be up next week and will take some home for family, plus we are going up thur to other family and will take some to them, we keep family in egg like some do the lottery, lol
how did you do selling them?!

Last edited:
Well, my silkie just went broody this week. Luckily my ameraucana is still laying, and the Sussex just started this week to pick up the slack! No lights and these girls are going strong pretty much daily during this winter!

I have cochin/aracauna mixes, 3 hens. They are 21 weeks old. I thought they are supposed to start laying by now, but they're not. They free range during the day and cooped at night. The bag says poultry feed, but it doesn't specifically say layer feed. The feed store owner said that poultry feed is layer feed. Is that accurate? Has anyone found it effective to add cayenne pepper to their feed to help speed up the laying process?

Back
Top Bottom