When do/don't you assist?

bychick

Hatching
Jan 29, 2015
8 eggs in a forced air incubator, eggs sat for 7-8 before incubating. Started at 8 pm on a Monday, 5 chicken in brown eggs hatched between 7pm sun and 3pm monday. The remaining 3 eggs (white eggs) nothing. I just candled them and could see movement in all 3. It's now thursday night and not even a pip. should I continue to wait?

From what I read most eggs hatch at the same time and if they are late they are all late.

Maybe brown eggs just hatch better than white eggs?

8 eggs in a forced air incubator, eggs sat for 7-8 before incubating. Started at 8 pm on a Monday, 5 chicken in brown eggs hatched between 7pm sun and 3pm monday. The remaining 3 eggs (white eggs) nothing. I just candled them and could see movement in all 3. It's now thursday night and not even a pip. should I continue to wait?

From what I read most eggs hatch at the same time and if they are late they are all late.

Maybe brown eggs just hatch better than white eggs?
Personally if I saw movement in my eggs I would wait it out until they hatched or I no longer saw movement. Generally hatches usually hatch out within 24 hours give or take of the first hatchling, but that is not absolute. You have your exceptions to everything. There is not much you can do at this point to assist though. If they haven't even pipped then their body isn't ready. The link you were given is an excellent link on the subject.

Well I made a small hole in the air cell. Looked inside and see what looks like a duck bill... that explains why that egg is so "late". Only day 25 so I bumped the humidity, put him on a damp paper towel and back in the incubator.

Well I made a small hole in the air cell. Looked inside and see what looks like a duck bill... that explains why that egg is so "late". Only day 25 so I bumped the humidity, put him on a damp paper towel and back in the incubator.
Oh my. Did you know there was a possibility that they were ducks?

Never occurred to me. The place I got them from had 25 chickens 3 roosters and 2-3 ducks.

I've never seen a duck egg...are they bigger? That's pretty crazy! I hope it goes well. Will you keep it?
Time to build a pond. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom