When do easter eggers generally start laying eggs?

Jun 13, 2023
Hello,

My Easter eggers are almost 16 weeks old, I know normally they lay between 18-22weeks. But I have a friend who's started laying at 14 weeks 😳 was wondering what age yours started? We do live in a warm climate here in FL 😊 Tia!

Attachments

• 20230614_121026.jpg
    20230614_121026.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 174
Since I raise mine a bit later in the year they mature more slowly as we are going into let fall and winter when they mature.

Generally they start to lay between 5-7 months of age. I think most will start up around 5-6 months of age. I personally prefer them to not start too soon. I prefer they mature more slowly.

Since I raise mine a bit later in the year they mature more slowly as we are going into let fall and winter when they mature.

Generally they start to lay between 5-7 months of age. I think most will start up around 5-6 months of age. I personally prefer them to not start too soon. I prefer they mature more slowly.
Why do you prefer them to mature slower? I'm new so any info I would be grateful! Thank you

Why do you prefer them to mature slower? I'm new so any info I would be grateful! Thank you
So they are more internally ready to lay those eggs. I read a long time go to cut their protein down after 4 months to slow down growth. Not sure if it's still considered correct or not, but I've never had a hen have problems laying.

I also like for pullets to mature in the fall under decreasing light which also will slow down sexual maturity.

Hello,

My Easter eggers are almost 16 weeks old, I know normally they lay between 18-22weeks. But I have a friend who's started laying at 14 weeks 😳 was wondering what age yours started? We do live in a warm climate here in FL 😊

Hello,

My Easter eggers are almost 16 weeks old, I know normally they lay between 18-22weeks. But I have a friend who's started laying at 14 weeks 😳 was wondering what age yours started? We do live in a warm climate here in FL 😊 Tia!
My Easter Egger is 25 wks and still hasn't laid. I have read that some haven't layed 1st egg til 28-30 wks . I also live in Fl.
Hello,

Back
Top Bottom