When Do I Introduce My Ducklings To My Flock

Are you going to let your inured one out with the older ducklings? I'd think that wouldn't be such a good idea till your seeing more improvement on that leg. Just because if the little one gets knocked over and stepped on that can make it's leg worse.

We won't, until later! I've read to slowly introduce them... if we free range them for a minute or so, then the hurt duckling will be open to any bullying. I don't know really what to do. We set them out yesterday (in their coop, totally untouchable) but the sides are filled so they can't see out and nothing can see in. Which means (aside from the older ducks hearing chirping), no interact was made. :( I just worry about introducing Hercules to the babies, because he's starting to get aggressive {only to our other male} This is a whole lot more complicated than I wanted! I won't give up, though!

We do! It's not large, but we have rabbits that we bring inside during the cold season! We used to keep them in a medium dog crate, but once they got bigger we give them the entire room... {huge upgrade} Thanks! I'll definitely try that! :)

That’s a great way to introduce your little ones to your older ones and then once your littles legs are healed try giving them time together while tossing something yummy out for them so they are focused on treats instead of each other it will all come together it just takes time.

That's really smart! I hope it works! I'm letting the babies out to swim in a second; they swim right beside the older ducks pen. Of course, separated, lol! The older ones stick their heads up, trying to catch a peek of the babies!

Here they are! Pato, Hercules, and Destiny! I'd love to see yours as well! :)

IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG

Aww they are beautiful!!! My 2 goofy geese

Attachments

• D768A3BB-4E84-4284-A6C8-2FC4646C882F.jpeg
    D768A3BB-4E84-4284-A6C8-2FC4646C882F.jpeg
    744.2 KB · Views: 2
  • E68DE462-D1D1-46C4-896F-0439026963D4.jpeg
    E68DE462-D1D1-46C4-896F-0439026963D4.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 2