When do I need nesting boxes?

I've got more feed bags, do you cut the bag and use a single layer or both layers from front and back of the bag? If I make small holes with a hole punch to fasten it to the basket, will it fray and fall apart? I have 2 bags so if I destroy 1 I have another to try out. I'm over thinking this like usual lol

I haven't used them before, but I folded some up in the bottoms of the new nests in Neuchickenstein.

Here they are waiting for us to be ready to add straw and shavings:

0902211342.jpg

I've got more feed bags, do you cut the bag and use a single layer or both layers from front and back of the bag? If I make small holes with a hole punch to fasten it to the basket, will it fray and fall apart? I have 2 bags so if I destroy 1 I have another to try out. I'm over thinking this like usual lol

x2 what 3KillerBs did. You can fold them, that gives you a little extra layering. I even put a couple sheets of bubble wrap inside the bags too for extra padding.

coop3.jpg

Here's what I've thrown together. I'm about to take it out there so I don't know yet if the front edge might be under the roost bar but if it is, the cardboard should keep most of the poop out. I used a diaper box and we get 2 a month so I'll plenty to change out until we get the permanent one's built on. I made 1 egg out of wood, just need to paint it and working on a second egg for the other box and it'll be set for now.
20210914_104744.jpg
20210829_071305.jpg
20210829_052916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom