When Do Most Hens Go Broody

Being broody and being a good mother are two separate things.

Some of my constantly broody ones are the worlds worst mothers....I think they learned from my Mother..
Lol.....well I hope that I can have some good mommies at least one out of the 19 girls I got anyways!!! How many chickens do you have? Do you let your hens hatch out babies when they get broody?

I don't know how many chickens I have at this time...

If I gave you a number, it would be a guess.

I have one hen with one baby right now, I have had 1 other chicken hen hatch babies and 3-4 turkeys hatched babies.

I have noticed that when sexlinks are kept by themselves they don't go broody often. However, when I have 5 other broodies, it seems to be rather catching.

None of my birds have gone broody except for one Rhode Island Red. Then she gave up on her nest halfway through. I'm not sure why my chickens won't go broody. I have 32 hens, most over one year in age. .-.

Well that's awesome and maybe one day I can lose track of the amount of birds I have too We are just starting out I started last March with babies and only had one I had to put down as a baby do to neck issues it wouldn't pick its neck up, she was a black giant I was so upset!

I have noticed that when sexlinks are kept by themselves they don't go broody often. However, when I have 5 other broodies, it seems to be rather catching.
Well my girls aren't by themselves anymore back in April we introduced 20 new birds with them and all I know is them sexlinks I have we call them queen bees because they run the coop and they fly the fence to free range!! But even the roosters run from them. My kids love the sexlinks they are such friendly bird

Well my girls aren't by themselves anymore back in April we introduced 20 new birds with them and all I know is them sexlinks I have we call them queen bees because they run the coop and they fly the fence to free range!! But even the roosters run from them. My kids love the sexlinks they are such friendly bird
No, I mean kept without other broody breeds.

Back
Top Bottom