When do roosters start to crow?

I have an RIR and a Dominique, both of them started crowing this week because we introduced a few new girls and they got super excited.... They're turned 8 weeks old on Saturday! I've been trying to catch a video of them doing it, but of course they won't let me.... The RIR definitely looked like a roo at like week 5.... but the Dominique was still a question.... untillllll yesterday...

Last edited:
9 week old Black Copper Maran made his first attempt to crow today, the others all looked at him with weird looks on there faces at his attempt lol.

my storm is almost 6 months old and has not crowed. He has danced for his hens and is the dominant rooster. He has not started to fertilize his three hens yet. when a new older chicken is sown to him he trys to dominate them but does not fight or peck hard. He is the tamest roo i have ever had. raised him from a chick. will he eventually start to be meaner to new chickens like showing blood when he pecks at them? will he crow and start to fertilize before it snows? my hens aren't laying yet even the older one that is not with them at the time she is molting.

25 week old BCM cockerel still not crowing!

my lovely little cockerel storm started crowing this morning. It was soooow cute
love.gif
cause he was epicly failing at it. he was doing an uroo auroo I knew it was him cause it was coming from his coop with his four girls he is king over. he is almost 6 mouths

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom