When do roosters start to crow?

Mine just started. he is four months old.
smile.png
Cochin X something.
smile.png

Mine are around 10 weeks, I have 14 dark brahmas and they do not crow yet. I guess it all depends on the bird. I looked on YouTube and played them a rooster crowing on my iPhone, and it seemed to freak them out! They all ran and hid. I guess they were startled by "the other rooster"
lau.gif

I don't know how old he was, but there was a darling roo at the swap I went to Saturday that reminded me of a teenage boy with a "cracking" voice. The poor little thing kept trying to crow, but all that would come out was "squeak-a-doodle-squeak"!

My boys are 7 weeks old~ and I am hoping they are gender confused and never crow!!! They are the sweetest chickens ever~ more friendly than my female
hugs.gif
If they start crowing I'll have to give them up
hit.gif
Unless I can keep atleast one of them maybe indoors? You think the neighbors would hear the noise from in the house? Haha Nah~ Then with my luck my parrot would learn to crow and that would just be complete madness!
ep.gif

Dunno about local ordinances, but believe neighbors within x number of feet from where chickens live may lodge a complaint. Our strategy, bringing in a new rooster on purpose, is to give eggs to our neighbors occasionally. Start before the crowing begins!

Bump.

I have some sort of Bantam roo that has been finally developing a spur for the past 2 weeks. It was born around April 1st. (No joke)
wink.png
So, mine is somewhere of 40 weeks old and it never crows, nor does it have a large comb. It's so tiny of a chicken, that it is pretty much at the bottom of the pecking order. If it weren't for it's sporty(ness) it would prolly be dead. It can fly up to a 5' high pirch and out run the mean ladys any time.
lol.png

Has anyone ever seen/hear of such a thing?

I know this is an old post but I just saw it! I have a 9 week old Bantam that crowed for the first time on Sunday,and she/he was born on April 1 also!! I am really hoping she is a roo. Her name is Cinderella but will be changed to Prince Charming if she is a he!

Back
Top Bottom