When do these Buzzards get to work?

BBQJOE

Songster
Sep 25, 2015
Void where prohibited.
I have a a dozen BO's.
They have created three nests on the floor, away from their boxes.

The ladies want those eggs left alone, and they're more that happy to let you know about it.

When the count got to about 12 in each nest I figgered they'd get to work and start sitting.

The count is up over 15 now.
Nobody is sitting.

I'm starting to have some ideas here, but I want to hear yours first.
Incubating is not an option. Although duct tape, bailing wire, rope and surgery are not. :D

I have a a dozen BO's.
They have created three nests on the floor, away from their boxes.

The ladies want those eggs left alone, and they're more that happy to let you know about it.

When the count got to about 12 in each nest I figgered they'd get to work and start sitting.

The count is up over 15 now.
Nobody is sitting.

I'm starting to have some ideas here, but I want to hear yours first.
Incubating is not an option. Although duct tape, bailing wire, rope and surgery are not. :D
I vote for the duck tape.

I thinking a chicken leg dinner might solve the problem.
Omelets for dinner. Kill the Goose that lays the golden egg?:gig
I have many many hens. (That is an understatement btw).
loose screw.gif
Out of the entire masses, maybe two will go Broody semi frequently. Out of the remaining, a tiny microscopic smidgen (0.0000005%) of them will seasonal Brood. It's just their nature and breed. chickn emoji.gif
I have some Black Austrolorpes too, if that is what B.O. means.:confused:
If your intentions are to hatch chick-lets perhaps you should purchase a couple breed types of hens that are more prone to Broody and place your B.O. pods under them.:)
Only other alternative is Incubation. Which is more suitable for hatching in the Winter Season.
1165822-b7fa878622c87676d7747bb664559ca3.jpg.gif

I suggest these options v.s. duck tape:
lets eat.gif

20171202_114228.jpg

20171120_160641.jpg

Before you need this..
20171203_114217.jpg
animated-chicken-image-0018.gif

Buff Orps are known to sometimes go broody but usually not this time of the year.

Maybe a couple of options. Gather all those eggs and make cakes, pies, custard, all the healthy meals you can come up with. Once you've done that and had the dog lick the dishes clean crack open a decent but cheap bottle of winr, maybe a Barefoot merlot, and contemplate the calendar to try to decide on what broody season may be as you enjoy a good meal.

Another option since I think it is mostly calendar related is start talking in an Australian accent, especially about going walkabout. Look up the proper wardrobe and maybe hang a few kangaroo posters. Instead of merlot, maybe a shiraz. Channel your inner Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman, whichever Aussie you feel you can best channel and convince them that they are south of the equator. Down there it would be the right time to go broody.

Buff Orps are known to sometimes go broody but usually not this time of the year.

Maybe a couple of options. Gather all those eggs and make cakes, pies, custard, all the healthy meals you can come up with. Once you've done that and had the dog lick the dishes clean crack open a decent but cheap bottle of winr, maybe a Barefoot merlot, and contemplate the calendar to try to decide on what broody season may be as you enjoy a good meal.

Another option since I think it is mostly calendar related is start talking in an Australian accent, especially about going walkabout. Look up the proper wardrobe and maybe hang a few kangaroo posters. Instead of merlot, maybe a shiraz. Channel your inner Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman, whichever Aussie you feel you can best channel and convince them that they are south of the equator. Down there it would be the right time to go broody.

Perfect answer! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom