When do they crow?

My roo is approx 14 weeks old and just started trying to crow within the past week...pretty pathetic thus far but getting better each day.

Quote:
And once he starts crowing, he won't shut up.
big_smile.png

Our RIR cockerel was only 8 weeks old when he started, they were still in our huge brooder when he was doing this! I just rehomed him and his 3 brothers this weekend due to that lol as we live in the city and arent allowed roosters!

My roo started at about 16 weeks ..Unsure of the breed but like FrizzlesRule said ..once they start they dont shut up!!! lol . Its funny to hear them when they first start but you just wait till he knows what to do

I have an old english game chick that is about 8 weeks and he is already trying though no sound is coming out ...

Do you have other Cockerels around that crow because i believe that helps them start imo

When I saw this subject line, my immediate thought before I opened the thread was, "Whenever they danged well feel like it. 4 AM, 10 AM, noon, 3 PM, 7 PM, 11 PM, and 4 AM again. Plus any time in between."

hide.gif

Last edited:
I have a Crevecouer and he started crowing at about 10 weeks. He's been doing it for 3 weeks now and he's getting better at it!
wink.png
He pretty much just crows and 6 a. m. (several times) and maybe once in the evening. I hope this patterns sticks....not supposed to have a rooster in city limits
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom