when do you transition to layer feed?

Pics
Generally after they begin laying as you don't want them consuming extra calcium that's in the layer ration.

I personally never feed layer. I either stay with a non medicated starter grower or an All Flock ration depending on who I'm feeding. I keep separate bowls of oyster shells out and they consume them as necessary.

Generally after they begin laying as you don't want them consuming extra calcium that's in the layer ration.

I personally never feed layer. I either stay with a non medicated starter grower or an All Flock ration depending on who I'm feeding. I keep separate bowls of oyster shells out and they consume them as necessary.
I have done ALOT of researching and reading and this method is what most of the so called “experts” say to do.

I haven’t been able to find flock raiser or all flock where I live. There’s a Tractor Supply in a neighboring county - do they usually carry it?
TSC - in store luck is always a toss up. You maybe able to order online and find what you exactly want. Amazon usually has it and Chewy.com will have it but the delivery to where you are located is when and where is what the issue will be.

Back
Top Bottom