When do you wash the eggs?

Fresh eggs just stuck in the fridge have been known to still be good 6months later. They are definitely still fine after a month provided you collected them within the proper time frame and put them right into the fridge. For washing info try this site http://www.plamondon.com/faq_eggwashing.html

I have a "clean egg" box. All eggs that go into this box are cleaned and ready for me to use. Unwashed eggs go in the other boxes. I decided to do it this way because I kept forgetting to wash the egg before using it. The last couple days all eggs have been washed right away because I used up all my eggs and the "clean egg" box was empty.

So does washing an egg make it "age" faster for easier peeling when hard boiled?

I wash my eggs with lukewarm water, chicken & duck, dry with a paper towel & into a clean box they go !
If the nest is kept clean, the eggs will be clean. Since my duck house is also the nest box,(where they are locked up @ night,) the duck eggs always need to be cleaned.
now, I did the same thing with the roost to get into the nesting boxes easier, but I think I will take them off to keep my Buffs from sleeping in ( & pooping in ) the nesting boxes. Yes they pile up 3 or 4 to 1 nest box, and believe me that box is NASTY:(
I am currently working to get my roosts higher than the boxes, and will let you all know what happens.
Thanks for sharing !
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom