When does the copper neck feathering come in on FBCM chicks?

Quote:
Looks like both of the males are showing a little color, this is plenty of color for the males at the age they are now. Too early to tell about the female yet. Don

Largest comb in the center is the one I was thinking was a roo. The one to the right has the second largest comb and the one to the left really has no comb yet.

The two largest combs. You can't see the color in these pics but these two are also the ones with some copper showing.

Hang in there with the coppering coming in. The cockerel I have as my avatar was showing zero, zip, nada, coloring of the hackles at age 11 weeks! I was really thinking he would never get any because he is so dark. Now, at 12 1/2 weeks, it is coming in! His two hatchmate brothers both got their hackle color showing at around 4 weeks. I also have 3, 5 1/2 month old pullets who up till now have had very dark and sparse hackle coloring. It is now starting to come in a bit brighter and is extending, so after their first adult molt, I believe they should all show more. I think it also depends on the different lines as to who gets what and when! Good luck, and hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom