When is the coop finished ?

It is only finished when another project comes along and distracts my attention. Today I went and got a pickup load of sand for the run. Taking a quick break right now, then going back out to insulate the floors and doors, install a poop board and build them a new outdoor roost and fix their ramp. After that I need to run conduit so I can install a water heater before winter really takes hold.

I still want to build an external nest box, but will probably wait until spring since my winter project will be setting up a 90 gallon planted aquarium, starting with building the stand and light box from scratch.
tongue.png

*sigh* someday I will be done with these projects and sit back and enjoy if I'm not dead yet.
roll.png

Ok I thought something was wrong with us. We have built house additions that took less time than this coop. Still finishing insulation, one point I couldn't reach to stain, never got the pulley right for the door..... never ending, poop board has been redesigned 2x, took out part of the walls that is against the garage and inset area for the silkies to cuddle, made bigger and more vents. We picked up the 2 silkie girls because the big girls won't cuddle with the silkie rooster (we added him too cuz I decided I really wanted a rooster) at night and I (haha) didn't want him to get cold. And of course now I want a silkie coop. Also can't free range much due to the hawks so now maybe a bigger run next year. And if the silkies come out of the big coop, babies?? It's not just the chickens that are addictive, it's the whole process.

The phrase my husband hates to hear is " I've been thinking" then he knows I want something else done with the coops. We started in may with 2 chickens and a 8X8 coop. Now we have 26 and 2 coops. At one timr this year we had 3 but after adding onto the first coop I let him have his shed back. Now I have 2 coops one is 16X8 the other 14X8

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom