When my chicken tried to grill herself!

Meandmyhens3

Chirping
Aug 2, 2021
So when my hen named Nugget was just a lil pullet she was out free ranging around the back yard while we were grilling (ironically chicken) on the patio. Nugget walked up to my dad right next to the grill and looked up, doing that thing where they take a couple looks trying to decide to jump or not. I noticed this and yelled out “nuggets gonna jump!” And just then she flew up almost onto the grill and my dad pushed her down mid flight. She was fine and I’m pretty sure she never touched the grill but it was a close call 🤣

So when my hen named Nugget was just a lil pullet she was out free ranging around the back yard while we were grilling (ironically chicken) on the patio. Nugget walked up to my dad right next to the grill and looked up, doing that thing where they take a couple looks trying to decide to jump or not. I noticed this and yelled out “nuggets gonna jump!” And just then she flew up almost onto the grill and my dad pushed her down mid flight. She was fine and I’m pretty sure she never touched the grill but it was a close call 🤣
I bet she saw the chicken 🤣🤣

Reminds me of how my goats come around every time we try to get a bonfire going...I think only once did it actually get in the pit with the flame (on the edge so we got him out quickly). They also come up whenever we’re burning brush. Silly animals
They really are so funny, what on earth goes through their heads 😄

Back
Top Bottom