When my goose gets wet he looks bald.

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
I lost my female goose a few days ago for no reason. I have been keeping Harley in the shower and I noticed he looks bald when done. He is eating and drinking and quaking and everything normal. Should I be worried before I bring another gosling in with him? He is a little over 2 months.
2EA1F467-22F7-41CB-B1C8-10D5C86D4E62.jpeg

Have you ever had him or another goose wet like that before?I have had chickens and ducks. I am trying with geese and I love Harley. I did notice it before but since thorn died I want to make sure that it wasn’t something contagious. Especially before I bring in another gosling.

It’s not abnormal for his age and that he’s a white goose, white geese are a little more transparent than grey’s when wet at only two months, he’s still growing his feathers in. As long as he doesn’t have bald patches when he’s dry and fluffed up and you don’t see him itching excessively he should be fine.

It’s not abnormal for his age and that he’s a white goose, white geese are a little more transparent than grey’s when wet at only two months, he’s still growing his feathers in. As long as he doesn’t have bald patches when he’s dry and fluffed up and you don’t see him itching excessively he should be fine.
I never noticed any itching or anything. I have just been trying to monitor Harley since thorn died and I don’t know what from. And since I am probably bringing in another gosling, I want to make sure Harley is healthy so he doesn’t make the other one sick. I love Harley and it scared me when I saw that.

I never noticed any itching or anything. I have just been trying to monitor Harley since thorn died and I don’t know what from. And since I am probably bringing in another gosling, I want to make sure Harley is healthy so he doesn’t make the other one sick. I love Harley and it scared me when I saw that.
I don’t blame you and I’m sorry for your loss. You could boost his immune system by getting him oregano oil or crushing a bit of fresh oregano into his water now and then as you’re waiting on the gosling, maybe some vitamin b complex, a few drops of the liquid in his water will help his immune system fight anything he may be fighting if he is, it will help him fight off anything the new baby may potentially have also.

Back
Top Bottom