When Pets Attack

deerman

Rest in Peace 1949-2012
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Southern Ohio
After the 14 yr old chimp attack the woman, Just a warning that all pets can attack, and so many can kill. More people have been BITTEN by dogs that dont BITE than any other. Know of case were a person was kill by a pet whitetail buck(bottle fed) A person kill by his 14 ft snake(had never bitten anyone)

I know this happen more with wild animals, but also all animals. My brother was attack by a house cat.

Just know the danger with larger pets, a 4 ft snake will not do much harm,or a 4 lb dog, small roosters,hamster, rabbits, or parrakeets. all have attack and yes even to bring blood.

Breeding season the males may turn on you, females if they have young. Sometime the tame ones are the worth. As they have no fear of humans.

A few case in my past year, my hand raised peacock attack me after 2 yr when I went to gather eggs from his pen. My 600 lb pet pig when she had young, came after me when I pick up one of her pigs.

Never bottle feed buck fawns, as most will attack humans during the rut.

I know alot of people on this forum, know how to handle some large animal. So for all the newbe just make sure you understand what you are getting into lots of enjoyment just some need alot of respect.

Too true. Even the most docile pet can hurt you.

Heck back me into a corner and I may bite too.
big_smile.png

Good reminder, deerman. I am a zoo volunteer, and we are taught a lot of what you mentioned. People always ask us, "Does it bite?" when we hold an animal. We are to reply, "Anything with a mouth can bite!" You have to respect what an animal can do. I didn't realize how aggressive frustrated buck goats could get until one nailed me. Animals are animals, and they can turn if scared/upset/hurt/or has babies to protect.

Quote:
that's why i dont understand why they have goats in petting zoos....they can do some damage even hornless ones can. Sure goats are docile, but not all the time some can just get in a bad mood and do some damage.

Just like in disney, at a petting zoo a womans petting zoo dog attacked a child.

I wrestled with replying to this. You may be right that MOST pets can at times attack but I do not see where you can say all. Just as people will and have given their lives for others pets have and do the same. There is a difference between a bite and attack. There are some pets that would NEVER attack their owner under any circumstance. I guess it goes for just about anything you can't make a blanket statement about everything without adding exceptions......

Bubba

yes very very true deerman .Thanks for posting this thread.Any animal does have the potential to attack , just never know which one will or when , so its always good to be aware and on guard just in case.Deffinatly want everybody to be safe !

Fay

All good points DeerMan,
the least likely will attack for what we may think is no good reason.
case point:
2 lb mini rex buck,( were talking a very small rabbit here) 5 months old always been a smoosh, heck I used to stick my face in his cage for snuggle and bunny kisses.
One night I didn't put my face in there with him just my hand, that tiny rabbit flew from the back of the cage snarling( litterally) and sunk its teeth clear to the bone in my finger.
Took forever for him to let go, a trip to the emergency room for stitches , tetnus,and 2 weeks of antibiotics.and the ER dept looking at you like you lost your mind, after all rabbits do not attack people, their cute cuddly little balls of fur.
not so, not when they are becoming hormonal, wanting to breed.
sometimes personality comes into play but not always.

So the thinking that cute and cuddly, fluffy and furry doesnt always hold true not even with something as cute as a rabbit.

Before stitches:
rabbitattack2.jpg

rabbitattack.jpg

Last edited:
A chimp is not a pet,its a wild animal no matter how much training it has.
Its just as dangerous as lions,wolf,tigers and bears.

I mean Zanex come on,it should have been left alone not tried to be reasoned with like it was a human.

Its sad that this happened yes and if she lives she will be disfigured for life.

thats my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom