When setting eggs under a broody...

Wow! I broke a week old egg on accident once, and did the same thing! Heres the only picture I got of it. Thanks for posting that! You did a great job on the eggtopsy, I think it's so amazing how rapidly the can form in just a week. I do agree with the eye, I believe that's what it is. The ye is visible in my pic. I felt so bad I broke it, when it happened the embryo was still alive.
20190426_161838_HDR.jpg

It might have something to do with the fact there’s more yolk with yours. Remember, mine had been under the broody all smushed, so less yolk. IDK, just a guess

Also, the eye is always soooooo huge in the beginning.
Hm, yeah, that makes sense. Mine was in an incubator. I'm going to check the dates I set it from last year's calendar and I'll see exactly how many days old it was. I just remember it was about a week. The eyes are huge, it is so weird.

I have had the same thing happen before. I was taking an egg out of the incubator to candle and dropped it. I was mad at myself. I didn't take any pictures because I was so upset at myself for dropping it. I just cleaned it up. They do seem to grow into their eyes. These are both brown eggs. I was a little shaky holding the camera in one hand and the egg on the candler in the other hand.

I have had the same thing happen before. I was taking an egg out of the incubator to candle and dropped it. I was mad at myself. I didn't take any pictures because I was so upset at myself for dropping it. I just cleaned it up. They do seem to grow into their eyes. These are both brown eggs. I was a little shaky holding the camera in one hand and the egg on the candler in the other hand.
That is SO cool. I was removing those eggs, I had quite a few in and I candled almost all of them on day 10. I had set 4 eggs from my own flock the day after I got my rooster. I wanted to see if any would be fertile yet, just for fun. Amazingly, that one was. I watched it die, so heartbreaking. I was really angry at myself and didn't even want to hatch any more chicks. It was so sad. I have that poor little baby's sisters out in the coop right now. Sorry about yours :hugs

I first upload the video to YouTube then post it here. On the top line of the reply box is a little picture of a camera next to the smiley. Click on it and put in the URL.

I first upload the video to YouTube then post it here. On the top line of the reply box is a little picture of a camera next to the smiley. Click on it and put in the URL.
Thanks! One more question, how do I upload the video to youtube? Lol sorry. Also, is that safe and everything?

Back
Top Bottom