When should I release my teenage hen?

WandaMates

Hatching
Feb 23, 2021
I have a singular chicken that is caged alone by itself. The chicken seems to recognize I am its caretaker but is still afraid and getting restless as it has jumped towards the opening several times. It runs backward in fear? or maybe just not wanting to be touched? Anyways, I have another free chicken that roams around and has a nice relationship with it albeit it is very much smaller compared to it. This chicken also happens to have a nice relationship with the cat and knows how to defend itself, never has the cat attempted anything either with her or the other one. The caged chicken is not afraid of the cat. When should I wait or what signs should I look for to be fully ready for when the chicken is let loose? The only reason I am scared is that the chicken is quite bigger and first met me with fear as it ran away only to be later captured(thankfully by me). It now shows less fear but still some reluctance towards me, it also has been getting friendlier with the cat as dry dog food is somewhat of a delicacy to her.

Back
Top Bottom