When should they pip, internally and externally ?? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Jun 3, 2010.

1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Songster

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    im on day 20 with 6 eggs, and day 19 with 6 other eggs. when should they start an internal pip and then external??? PLEASE HELP [​IMG]

2. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    just found out...36-72 hours before they hatch they will internally pip...when i candled... no pip...i don't think i'm getting a hath this time... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    please help... im worried...i hope they are just late, not dead [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Songster

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Relax, you'll do more damage taking them out and candling them. Are they peeping/moving? Have you got the temp and humidity right? They still might not pip for another 24 hours, please leave the bator alone!!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You shouldn't be candling them during lockdown.

6. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    they are under a broody, not an incubator. sorry should i have mentioned that before. [​IMG] the reason i candled is because i didn't hear peeping...

7. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    please help

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Doesn't matter whether they're under a broody or in an incubator.....you need to leave them alone.

9. Hi! You should follow this GOOD advice.
    Relax, you'll do more damage taking them out and candling them. Are they peeping/moving? Have you got the temp and humidity right? They still might not pip for another 24 hours...

You shouldn't be candling them during lockdown.

Doesn't matter whether they're under a broody or in an incubator.....you need to leave them alone.

Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

10. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    how do i know if they are dead or not??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: