When they would start laying? Any signs

I’d put them in all the boxes and let the chickens decide where they want to lay. Fake eggs will also let you know if you have snakes or other predators visiting your coop. They will steal or eat the fake eggs, so if any come up missing you can deal with the predator before the chickens start laying.
Ok..another problem I went out there and removed my barrier for the nest boxes. And you see that little space between the wood pieces, as I pulled out the barrier, I nelieve it's mice poop that all piled up at the end. There is no food in their coop. Will this hurt my girls, and how do I get rid of them? I can't use poison or a trap around my girls. What else can I do. Like a said, I have all the cracks sealed, or so I thought. I don't even know where he came from. But, if he got in, a snake can too!

Attachments

• 20200802_103029.jpg
    20200802_103029.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 4
Ok..another problem I went out there and removed my barrier for the nest boxes. And you see that little space between the wood pieces, as I pulled out the barrier, I nelieve it's mice poop that all piled up at the end. There is no food in their coop. Will this hurt my girls, and how do I get rid of them? I can't use poison or a trap around my girls. What else can I do. Like a said, I have all the cracks sealed, or so I thought. I don't even know where he came from. But, if he got in, a snake can too!
Do you think it could be cockraoch poop? It is more rounded and I did see a cockroach there last week. https://pestseek.com/cockroach-poop/ Now I can put those little coackroach houses in, to catch those.

Thank you! I had put them 2 in the two middle boxes. someone was in the one side empty nest box. lol

I put two roach traps in the coop. nothing this morning. but the more i think about it, the more i think it's those huge palmetto bugs. and it very well could be old petrified poo, the only time I had food in there was when they first moved out and it didn't stay there. There is nothing that is chewed up that I can see either. The chickens do not act like there is something in there with them. They only start acting up in the morning as they hear me coming to release them. and when they are first going to roost, jockeying for positions.

Back
Top Bottom